Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lessons

I'm a list maker. I make lists when I'm confused, and need to plan something out. I make them when I'm happy, and I make them when I'm sad or angry. I also make them when I'm bored: in the loo and during the Operational Management class. These lists can be about anything and everything.

This is one I started quite some time back, and I like to add to it every once in a while. It is list of things I've learnt from life thus far. Bear with the cynicism. I started it when I was going through a really rough patch, and it shows. =)

1. “Some day” never comes.
2. You ALWAYS have a choice. When you let others make decisions to govern your life, you’re CHOOSING to give them that control.
3. You’re the one responsible for your life. It’s never anyone else’s fault, but yours.
4. The only difference between a “good life” and a “horrible life” is that of perspective.
5. No one is as happy as they seem to you.
6. It’s easier to pretend to be happy than to explain why you’re not.
7. There will always be politics. The only way out of it is to keep at a distance. From everybody.
8. Relationships are very, very difficult.
9. Very few people ever take you at face value.
10. Over-thinking and second guessing makes for a sad life.
11. The best thing to do when you’re sad is to imagine all the ways it could have been worse.
12. When you realize it’s going nowhere, cut your losses.
13. You’ll look good only when you believe you look good.
14. Confident bull-shit gets you places.
15. The best answer to everything life throws at you is “mujhe farq nai parta”. It’s no fun trying to needle someone who just doesn’t care.
16. You can be whoever you want to be, at any given time.
17. Absolute strangers are the best confidantes.
18. The saddest thing in the world is to not belong.
19. The best thing in the world is to belong.
20. Sometimes cakes don’t rise. It’s not your fault. Throw out the mess and try it again.
21. It’s stupid to depend on any one for the long haul.
22. The world doesn’t like you if you’re too in control. Fall apart once in a while to let people feel useful.
23. A clean break hurts least.
24. Most guys dislike smart, confident, straight-forward women. Most guys like slightly silly, damsel-in-distress types.
25. Brash confrontations never get you anywhere.
26. Things always look better the next morning. ALWAYS.
27. When you’re pissed, DO NOT TEXT. It may be saved and used against you.
28. Sometimes you’ve got to pretend you understood the dirty joke. Sometimes you have to pretend you didn’t.
29. You grow up and grow apart. That’s just how it is.
30. No use depending on promises. They can always say “we were wrong” or “we made a mistake” and take it all back, anyway.
31. You’re as young as you act.
32. Boys have more fun.
33. There will ALWAYS be someone who dislikes you intensely. No getting away from it.

Okay, the post is too long! I'll continue with a part two!

5 comments:

  1. I have a few points i would like to raise here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, you tend leave out the most important awesomest best things in a list. which really should be in the list . Excluding them even as a joke is NOT on .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute strangers are the best confidantes .. for ?

    Is it too much to ask for a smart, confident, straight-forward woman in distress ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUST because I forgot to put your name on my people-I-will-invite-to-my-engagement-if-it-ever-happens list, you'll hound me about it forever? You KNOW it was a joke -.-

    YOU'RE INVITED. There.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For pretty much everything.

    Yes.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...