Monday, December 12, 2011

How do you make sure your day goes well?

Start by having ice cream for breakfast. True story.

9:30 a.m.

Yesterday sucked so bad, I decided to take charge. So I am going to do everything possible to make sure today is better, and I started off having ice cream for breakfast. Soft-serve Belgian Chocolate. Just a single scoop, but it makes a huge difference I tell you!

Next: Update my blog from office. Oh yes, you heard me. Yesterday I spent FIVE HOURS absolutely free. I mean, office hours are 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, and honestly, I spent five hours in there doing absolutely nothing. And these people do not allow me to listen to music, or browse on the internet - EVERYTHING is blocked and there's a 60 minute 'entertainment/social networking' quota which expires in the first half of the day. Argh. I spent hours on wikipedia researching random comic characters. Like Calvin and Hobbes and Agnes.

I love Calvin and Hobbes. I printed out some good strips for my cubicle too. But more on that later..

2:04 p.m.

So I sat in my cubicle, alone and free, from 10:30 till 1:00 pm. I had completed the work assigned to me before time and no one was free to give me any more, even though I kept hounding them. I was sad and happy in equal measures, to be honest. I read my copy of Reader's Digest Asia twice. This is what I looked like:


I look like a weird gnome.

Yes, sad, I know.

Anyway, at 1:00 pm my supervisor called me in for a viva/oral test on financial concepts he had asked me to prepare over the weekend. I didn't eaxctly pass with flying colors but it wasnt so bad. He gave me a little more work which I finished by 1:30 pm and then I was off to lunch!

For lunch today I went to the company's cafe with a colleague. It was a pleasant hour or so - the food was okayish but the company was interesting. I did meet another colleague, so that puts the total number of people I know in my office at 9. Yaay. Really.

5:13 p.m.

I did some work until 3:45 pm, and then we closed everything to go to the head office where there was a birthday celebration for someone in the department. Sadly, I was unable to eat anything there except a tiny slice of cake because of the lunch I had had. But it was still interesting because I got introduced to the whole Finance department! And the Head Office is cooler than our branch.

We came back around 4:30 p.m., I wrapped up the work I had been doing and closed shop. That was it. For the day. Would you believe I'm being paid to spend days like this? Maybe they're pranking me or something.

How long do you think I'll last? My mum has her money on six months.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, this is so cute: http://bluecentric.com/?p=26948

3 comments:

  1. Lag raha hai aap bohot bore ho rahi hain aaj kal.
    Main aa raha houn visit karnay bus. Just to have ice cream. Breakfast in bed? Wink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really do luk like a weird gnome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abdullah, GOOD PLAN. BEST start to the day ever. ;)

    Ali T., *look. And where is the post you wrote about me? I wanted to repost.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...